|Form||clear colorless liquid|
|The content of the main substance, mol.% no less||99,2|
|Density at 200C, g / cm3,within||0,878-0,880|
|Distillation temperature limits from 5% to 95%, 0 С, not more than||0,4|
|Crystallization temperature 0С, no less||Minus 25.5|
|Bromine number, g bromine per 100 ml orthoxylene, not more than||0,018|
|The content of sulfonated substances,% volum., not more than||–|
Varnishes and paints
Orthoxylol is an effective solvent that you can buy in bulk and in small batches from our company. It looks like a colorless liquid with a characteristic odor. It belongs to the number of the most popular solvents along with white spirit and solvent.
Application options for orthoxylene
- Dilution of epoxy, polyurethane, acrylic and other paints and varnishes before application. It dissolves well polymers, rubber glue, resins;
- Degreasing of metal surfaces;
- Use as an additive to fuel in order to obtain high-octane compositions;
- Production of linoleum, plastic compound for the manufacture of shoes, cables;
- Cleaning equipment from contamination.
- Advantages of Orthoxylol
- High efficiency – it is used not only as an independent substance, but also as part of other solvents;
- Good solubility in water and other liquids;
- Fast evaporation, odorless;
- Application comfort – does not leave greasy stains after use.
- Orthoxylol is a toxic, moderately hazardous substance (third class of hazard for humans), therefore, to work with it, you must observe the following precautions:
When using the reagent, gloves and a respirator must be worn;
When working inside buildings, a ventilation system is required to ventilate the room;
In order to protect against fire, it is necessary to use the composition away from heating devices and open sources of fire.
- Transport and storage
- Transportation is carried out in sealed containers;
- The substance should be stored in a closed container in rooms without ultraviolet access;
Shelf life – 1.5 years from the date of manufacture.